View Profile 9Hammer

25 Movie Reviews

Marvelous work! Loved how visually interesting things were in this with the simple yet highly effective character designs. The animation was pretty lively and dynamic too as it heightened the visual presentation (Especially with the flight sequence). Each of the settings worked very well with the bright and foggy forest and the gloomy flight sequence in the latter half. Additionally, I appreciated how the narrative of the song went along fluidly with the animation. The lyrical content was very fitting for what the animation was conveying. All-in-all, fantastic stuff here, tyokio.

Very interesting! The animation style and art direction (especially the coloring) were very pleasing to look at, and I also found the cryptic nature of the animation's theme to be interesting as well. The polygonal character designs added a nice visual flair to the film as well and the subtle movements of said characters really brought things to life. Definitely appreciated the attention to detail there. Not only that, I find the fisheye-esqe lens view of the film to be an interesting choice of things too. Seemed to effectively center the focus more on the characters and the middle of each scene. Additionally, the musical choices and sound effects here were used in a relatively fitting manner and were mixed well. Very cohesive and stellar film!

I suppose in regards to the theme of the short, I appreciated how blunt it was towards drinking water. The message is at least clear there and I can at least appreciate the minimalistic approach to this, but things visually could use a bit of touching up to appear less lifeless. The tube-like limbs for the purple cat doesn't exactly radiate an eye-catching design and feels more like an obstruction (The color choice clashed with the background as well). What appears to be a dune/beach area in the beginning, although maintaining a visual consistency throughout the rest of the short, seems very plain. I think it's somewhat applicable to the last shot as well. I did think, however, that the motion graphics on their own were pretty solid. Also, I would work on the audio mixing as well. An example is the final line of the short where the audio appeared to break/peak. A bit of audio leveling would also help too since the beginning and ending cuts were very loud in comparison to the main animation.

All-in-all I think it's passable in terms of its theme and I think it could've been expanded on a bit more, but some technical touch-ups and visual adjustments would be best in the long run!

1 Audio Review

Awesome stuff! Instrumentation is very well mixed and I especially liked how you spiced things up with that 5/4 (or 10/8) segment at 1:47.

CoredxBitch responds:

Thank you, sir!

1 Art Review

I think this would fly on Twitch. If anything, they would crack down on shirtless streamer dudes first.

Wildblur responds:

Yer not wrong tho

Greetings, and welcome to my Newgrounds page! I do art and I'm the Writer, Director, and Animator of Beyond the Fog. Current Project: Beyond the Fog: Episode 2 [2019 Q1].
Contact E-mail: 9hammeranims@gmail.com